Dave Braun, Resume
M.F.S. Forest Science, Ph.D. Forest Ecology
David M. Braun, Ph.D.
- Address: 1193 22nd. St., Hood River, Oregon 97031
- Phone: 541-806-0347
- email: email@example.com
- Ph.D., Forest Ecosystems Analysis, 1998.
- College of Forest Resources, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington.
- M.F.S., Forest Ecology, 1986.
- School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut.
- B. S., Biology, 1982.
- Fairfield University, Fairfield, Connecticut.
Memberships & Qualifications
- Certified Arborist, International Society of Arboriculture (ISA)
- ISA Certified Tree Risk Assessor
- Member, American Society of Consulting Arborists (ASCA)
- Professional Member, Society of American Foresters (SAF)
- 2011 Chair Elect, Columbia Gorge SAF Chapter
- Oregon CCB #188757
- Washington Registration # BRAUNAC908DQ
- Braun Arboricultural Consulting LLC, Consultant (2005-Present)
- Instructor, Columbia Gorge Community College (2005-2008)
- Arbornaut and Researcher, Wind River Canopy Crane Research Facility (1999-2002)
- Teaching Assistant, University of Washington, 1989-1991
- Research Associate, Louisiana State University, 1987-1987
Speaker at Recent Conferences & Workshops
- Ecological Society of America 1999-2000
- Northwest Scientific Association Annual Meeting, 2001
- Organizer and Presenter for National Teach-in on Global Warming Solutions 2009 (NWF and others)
- Oregon Academy of Science Conference 2004
- Society of American Foresters, Columbia Gorge Chapter 2011
- Target Specialty Products Symposium 2008
- United States Forest Service Hazard Tree Workshop 2008
- World Affairs Council of Oregon & United States Department of State International Visitor Leadership Program 2009
- Wind River Canopy Crane Research Facility Conferences 2000-2002
Other Recent Conferences & Workshops Attended
- American Society of Consulting Arborists 2009-2011
- International Society of Arboriculture, PNWC, Annual Conference 2006, 2010
- S.T.A.R.R.S. Workshop, “Dealing with Hazard Trees and Falling and Bucking Seminar 2010
- Society of American Foresters Mixed/Multiple Tree Species Management Workshop (2007)
- Society of American Foresters Central Oregon Chapter Annual Meeting 2007
- Target Specialty Products Symposia 2010
- Western Forestry and Conservation Association Workshop 2007-2008
- Native Forest Council Conference 2008
- Braun, D. M. and R. I. Gara. 20__ (In Prep.) Host Selection of the Mountain Pine Beetle in Second Growth Ponderosa Pine Stands. To be submitted to Northwest Science.
- Shaw, D. C., J. Chen, E. Freeman, and D. M. Braun. 2005. Hemlock dwarf mistletoe infected trees in an old-growth Douglas-fir / western hemlock forest. Canadian Journal of Forest Research.
- Chen, J., B. Song, M. Mouer, M. Rudnicki, K. Bible, D. C. Shaw, D. M. Braun, and J. Franklin. 2004. Spatial relationships of biomass and species distribution in an old-growth Pseudotsuga-Tsuga forest. Forest Science 50 (3): 364-375.
- Braun, D. M., D. Shaw, M. VanScoy, and B. Runcheng. 2002. Folivory of vine maple in an old-growth forest in the southern Washington Cascades. Northwest Science 76(4): 315-321.
- Braun, D. M. 1998. The influence of thinning second-growth ponderosa pine (Pinus
ponderosa Laws.) on the host colonization of the mountain pine beetle (Dendroctonus ponderosaeHopk.).
Dissertation, University of Washington College of Forest Resources.
- Braun, D. M., R. A. Goyer, and G. J. Lenhard. 1990. Biology and mortality agents of the fruit tree leaf roller (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae) on Baldcypress in Louisiana. Journal of Entomological Science 25(1): 176-184.